The Milky Way Project Talk

Collection: Examples of Star Clusters

by ttfnrob

To help people who want to know what star clusters look like in these images - here are some examples. Star clusters come in several types, as you can see in this collection.

Tags

Comments

• Fergie by Fergie

Star clusters are bright closely grouped stars, they may be seen behind bubbles - they are not part of a bubble, as they are outside of it.

Posted

• FranOnTheEdge by FranOnTheEdge

This does not help much, only some of these images have blue dots close together and nothing is marked to show what we should be looking at.

Posted

• Ken_Koester by Ken_Koester

Hard to tell. You'd have to know if it were coincidental or if the stars actually were within the bubble.

Snarkhunter

Posted

• asaguiar by asaguiar

Have seen 3 or 4 times lines of blue stars in the limits of bubbles or could-be bubbles. Are these star clkusters?

Posted

• asaguiar by asaguiar

Are red concentric degradees also cluster as are blue ones?

Posted

• Dr._Lauritzen by Dr._Lauritzen

I agree with citizennc

Posted

• Helice by Helice

Are there any variations besides what is shown?

Posted

• citizennc by citizennc

I think in 5 and 6 the clusters are the big bright stars next to the bigger bubbles. 5 bottom right towards middle 6 mid-left in upper part.

Posted

• urbanator1 by urbanator1

Can you mark the star clusters in these examples? That would help. Maybe you could also identify all areas of interest on these images.

Posted

• ascil by ascil

Pics 5 and 6 overlap: same structure at the bottom (#5) or top (#6). Could it be that the cluster is the bright sample bottom left (#5)?

Posted

• ascil by ascil

Just starting, but in puctire #4 I would have guessed the blue spot at the very bottom as well.

Posted

• baranbahari by baranbahari

if this 4 dotes are the star cluster what is different between picture no.5 and no.6?

Posted

• balexan by balexan

I am having trouble identifying a cluster in the image that has three red-fuzzies below the yellow-red knot (4). Bottom-right fuzzy spot?

Posted

• baranbahari by baranbahari

In some images, such as Picture No. 5 star clastur is not seen

Posted

• avw by avw

I see the clusters. But because I was not given enough samples, such as the above, in the tutorials, I am sure that I may have missed some.

Posted

Board Discussions

Chat

Science

Help