The Milky Way Project Talk

Collection: Examples of Green Knots

by ttfnrob

To help people who want to know what green knots look like in these images - here are some examples.

Tags

Comments

• ZooPa by ZooPa

Scientists team should mark these knots on the images / exemples. This may avoid missleading. I put as many flags as it seems...?Efficiency

Posted

• Matty-Gee by Matty-Gee

Still really confused, what discerns them from small bubbles or huge concentrations of green?

Posted

• Fishquill by Fishquill

The green knots are recognizable by the brilliant yellow-gold point at the end of the green spike or wisp of gas.

Posted

• Darkinyron by Darkinyron

Yah for real can someone actually ANSWER the questions? You people can't be getting accurate pix if we don't even know what we're looking at

Posted

• akhmadh by akhmadh

can anyone highlight the green knot....dont know how to identify

Posted

• LorraineMae by LorraineMae

Never seen a green knot before and better pics are needed, I can't see them in the provided examples.

Posted

• webdes_44 by webdes_44

More guidance is needed for locating items on these images, also the ability to enlarge the image a little might help too

Posted

• RobStar69 by RobStar69

I am confused about green knots too. Doesn´t really help that the tutorial doesn´t actually point out the precise parts of pictures

Posted

• KySue by KySue

Why isnt anyone responding. Not so cool

Posted

• TLSanders by TLSanders

in the tutorial, green knots are marked where I see nothing. I also can't tell from these pictures which are the green knots.

Posted

• Fergie by Fergie

Green knots are more compressed than small bubbles. They actually look like a knot at the end of a piece of thread minus the string.

Posted

• CaptainSchmoo by CaptainSchmoo

I'm not sure but I think green knots are the bright green wisps without a red ball inside of them. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted

• curti_m by curti_m

green knot: pic #6 - right side, top between 2 red objects. Green knots may become red fuzzys if they compress enough to warm up a bit.

Posted

• Falcon48 by Falcon48

It would help if you'd indicate what are green knots! Are green knots sometimes red, e.g.?

Posted

• kaymahonsbcglobal.net by kaymahonsbcglobal.net

i'm reading all these questions, where are the answers? The examples need to be highlighted and the objects identified.it's vague ,confusi

Posted

• Helice by Helice

What makes a green knot different from a bright part of a bubble?

Posted

• chris2108126 by chris2108126

Please show the markings so we can see what exactly they are calling green knots. A lot of these look like bubbles.

Posted

• drhoobad by drhoobad

Kinda wish someone'd point out on the page where the green knots are.

Posted

Board Discussions

Chat

Science

• Yellow Balls

8 posts / participants

Last post February 1, 2012 3:32 AM by wojteg

Help