The Milky Way Project Talk

fuzzy red objects?

• Bronco46 by Bronco46

These things are driving me crazy! How are you supposed to differentiate between a simple cloud of gas that shows up as red, a red star showing through some gas, and a fuzzy red object? Or are they all fuzzy red objects? Some of these images have large clouds of red gas. Are they fuzzy red objects as well? These as well as green knots drive me crazy. Throw in the dark nebula's and you have receipt for a headache.
    The green bubbles are snap by comparison.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to Bronco46's comment.

Bronco46
    These things are driving me crazy! How are you supposed to differentiate between a simple cloud of gas that shows up as red, a red star showing through some gas, and a fuzzy red object? Or are they all fuzzy red objects? Some of these images have large clouds of red gas. Are they fuzzy red objects as well? These as well as green knots drive me crazy. Throw in the dark nebula's and you have receipt for a headache.

I'm sorry that you're frustrated. The red fuzzies are the hardest to define. I would suggest marking any red fuzzy object that you think looks intersting. Once you've used the site for a while, you get a feel for what is unusual and not for these objects. This should help you to not get bogged down in the details. Everyone marks the red fuzzies differently, but the aggregate is giving us a fairly comprehensive view of their distributions throughout the galaxy.

Posted

• suelaine by suelaine in response to ttfnrob's comment.

suelaine here. I have been a collection of, what I have been calling fuzzy red objects. They resemble a small red bulls eyes with a white centre. The collection that I have called "red fuzzies and bubbles" shows the red objects as they develop into, or are closely associated with green bubbles. I have a lot of these images that seem to show various stages of development. By the way, what are the bright red circles with white bulls eyes in them?
    Thanks, Sue Morris ( suelaine)

ttfnrob

ttfnrob

I'm sorry that you're frustrated. The red fuzzies are the hardest to define. I would suggest marking any red fuzzy object that you think looks intersting. Once you've used the site for a while, you get a feel for what is unusual and not for these objects. This should help you to not get bogged down in the details. Everyone marks the red fuzzies differently, but the aggregate is giving us a fairly comprehensive view of their distributions throughout the galaxy.

Posted

• EleanorOwnsTheUniverse by EleanorOwnsTheUniverse

I wish they knew more about fuzzy red objects.
    Don't they have a better name for them?

Posted