The Milky Way Project Talk

Yellow Balls

• murrayles by murrayles

Are the Yellow balls (which look like green knots but are yellow and larger) of interest? Should they be marked as Green Knots or left unmarked. It would be really good if you could see the markings so we know what you marked. i.e. I see some structures that are on the borderline in the examples which I'm not sure whether I would mark or not. Seeing what you marked would be helpful.

Posted

• avw by avw

Is there an instructor out there with a more detailed tutorial? So many blanks.

Posted

• jlbechtel by jlbechtel

I'm not clear either on what "green knots" are .... more help here please.

Posted

• breannaparker by breannaparker

I am also slightly confused on the yellowish/redish colored balls; are they considered green knots? Any help would be great.

Posted

• tigerlily9 by tigerlily9

I agree; if this is about marking space plazma where stars are formed, should there be a tag that say "new star" for the yellow balls within the green knots and the red balls (not fuzzy)?

Posted

• Falcon48 by Falcon48

Great, they ask for our help but when their inadequate explanations leave people confused, they don't respond to requests for help.

Posted

• curti_m by curti_m

They're up to their elbows - give them a break
    Red inside yellow inside green = hot inside warm inside warmish -- remember from the turorial, black is cold! I've been marking these as small bubbles
    Pastel green "peas" - ignore them; nobody knows what they are yet, or haven't said.
    Green "peas" that aren't so pastel (ie: Kelly green) I've been marking as green blobs - there aren't many.
    Green blobs are very tight pockets of warm dust - something may be going on inside, therefore we mark them.
    Red blobs - remember, it's about the temperature of the stuff we're looking at; a red blob is a blob of warm dust, hence there must be something behind it warming it up. I mark them as warm fuzzys. Even if they aren't so fuzzy!
    Just remember: blue and white are hot (stars), red is warm, green is warmish, and black is cold (dust).
    Since none of the turorials say anything about the yellow I just treat it as garnish.

Posted

• Wojteg by Wojteg

I have same doubt about yellow balls surrounded with green stuff. Sometimes they look like bubbles sometimes( when they are really small) like green knots. Same thing with red fuzzy objects. When they are really small, I am not sure if they some objects or stars behind dust. We need some "negative" examples. There is too many different shapes and variations. So far when I have any doubts
    I mark any thing like a "other" category (under flag icon)
    I see another solution - give us in the program, let's say pink marker, that we can use to indicate any object and let us publish that image in Forum.

Posted