The Milky Way Project Talk

10,000 Bubbles

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist

Wow! We have been live for less than 12 hours and the MWP community have already drawn over 10,000 bubbles onto these beautiful images. Congratulations! If you have any questions please let us know either here, on twitter @milkywayproj or via email on team [at] milkywayproject.org

The Zooniverse rocks!

Posted

• pablomanuk by pablomanuk

excellent 😃

Posted

• Zeroghost by Zeroghost

Knowing how vast the visible Milky Way is, I know there is a long way to go. 10K has to be appreciated however. It would likely take an optical pattern/color recognition scanner with AI longer. And no one would have the fun. This is fun just to watch develop. One of the coolest projects ever.

Posted

• CatalinMT by CatalinMT

Those "bubbles" are multiply fast! 😃

Posted

• stargatetom by stargatetom

that was fast....what's the guesstimate for 1 Million? Anyone?

Posted

i say in 33 days time 😃

Posted

• dorman by dorman

I would say about around 30 days or so. 😄 I love making difference in anyway I can in Astronomy and help discover new things in the Cosmos. ;D Who's with me. ;D

Posted

(everyone im sure - but they probably too busy glued to the screen helping to track amd mark interesting areas 😃

Posted

• rduckham by rduckham

A question. Do I have to mark each object in a bubble. My last bubble had several fuzzy red objects in it, I marked them all, but for future reference, do I need to do that?

Posted

• octopusllama by octopusllama in response to dorman's comment.

It's just so fun to see what's out there. And There is so much and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Posted

• Alice by Alice

I seem to be blowing more bubbles than you get in a glass of lemonade. The Milky Way Project will be quite a bubble bath by Christmas Day! 😃

Posted

• rtnicholson by rtnicholson

Am I seeing too much? The longer I spend on a pic looking for bubbles the more bubbles I seem to see. Most of the green knots seem to appear where the walls of the bubbles cross each other. Sometimes I can count 20 bubbles in one pic. Am I "seeing" more than is actually there?

Posted

• PattyD by PattyD

I think some pictures are loaded! As we view different stages of development, there will be more or fewer noticeable bubbles. I tend to turn off what I have completed until the end and sometimes I am bowled over by the sheer numbers.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to rduckham's comment.

It is very useful to know if there are red fuzzies inside bubbles - this gives us important information about the bubbles.

Posted

• Gaumondd by Gaumondd

What information do the red fuzzies give?

Posted