The Milky Way Project Talk

Milky Way Project Improvements

• rekaa by rekaa

I've got a suggestion for improvement - Between each loading of a new image, I would love to see a "read only" view of a "quality assured" image which show how the tagging of "green knots", "faint galaxies", "fuzzy red dots", and whatever.
    There should be hundred if not thousands of "really good examples" which could be mixed as a pause in between each of my own markings of a new image, just to tell me if I'm following a most correct procedure.

It should certainly voluntary to have this "extra demonstration" between each of "my own images" - but a nice combination of practicing own tagging, with learning from other good examples.

Kjell Arne,
    hanging around in a Restaurant near the end of the Universe... 😉

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist

I've actually almost finished updating some code that means the 'loading...' time will be down to 0.1 seconds. However your idea is a good one, and I will have a think where else in the MWP I could put such examples.

It's great to have feedback like this, thanks.

Posted

• avw by avw

ttfnrob
    Is it possible to enhance the images a bit. I have mentioned this since I have seen an enhanced image from katieofoz.
    Also, as inn another blog, I suggested a series of what not to mark.
    qvw
    amatuer of a few hours.
    Thank you

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to avw's comment.

Not sure what you mean by 'enhanced' image. Can you clarify?

There are three zoom levels of images that can be served up on the site. We don't allow people to zoom as it makes our data reduction much harder - i.e. for the experiment to work we need to know what image you saw and that you saw all of it.

A blog about what not to mark should be doable - but really don't worry about marking incorrectly. Errors will be a minority of drawings and the wisdom of crowds usually irons out the problems.

avw
    ttfnrob
    Is it possible to enhance the images a bit. I have mentioned this since I have seen an enhanced image from katieofoz.
    Also, as inn another blog, I suggested a series of what not to mark.
    qvw
    amatuer of a few hours.
    Thank you

Posted

• Starsheriff by Starsheriff

Hi ttfnrob

I would like to thank you for your very good and helping posts in the blog and collections. So it is very helpful to get as many as possible examples for any kind of objects.
    But I got a question to your example collections:
    Is it possible to mark the objects in the images that were posted in the collection like the users marked it in the uploaded images in the discussion themes? Or to upload a before and after marked image. It will make it much easier to find the examples in the images if they are not obviously.

Thank you

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to Starsheriff's comment.

Starsheriff
    Hi ttfnrob
    I would like to thank you for your very good and helping posts in the blog and collections. So it is very helpful to get as many as possible examples for any kind of objects.
    But I got a question to your example collections:
    Is it possible to mark the objects in the images that were posted in the collection like the users marked it in the uploaded images in the discussion themes? Or to upload a before and after marked image. It will make it much easier to find the examples in the images if they are not obviously.
    Thank you

Yes that is possible, I will try and annotate the images soon.

Posted

• avw by avw

ttfnrob
    By enhanced, I meant to "lighten " the colours a bit, then i found that if I tilted the monitor a bit, evreything worked out.
    Thank you for your work on this MWP, and look forward to the future events as they unfold.
    avw

Posted