The Milky Way Project Talk

Saved to favorites not there

• Zooniverse99 by Zooniverse99

I am so disappointed. I had an amazing image AMW0002rqs There is a red gas cloud bottom left in the form of Munch's The Scream made up of three bubbles and a starcluster. I am sure I saved it but it is not in my profile file. Can I retrieve it? or how can I find out if anyone else has saved it who would share?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi Zooniverse99

Did you refresh your favourites page? Or else, you can browse through your recents , it should show up in there. That is if you classified it.

But you saved the ref.number so, you can still comment on it. It looks as if no one else has commented on it before.

Posted

Thanks Elizabeth, I have refreshed my favorites and it is still not there.

I do not know how to browse through my recents and yes I did classify it.

I have checked all the pictures in recents by the other users and no one else had commented on it.

How do I comment on it using only the ref number please?

Posted

Just click on the reference number (in blue) in your original post and post your comment.

Posted

ElizabethB, Thanks again for your help I refreshed my favorites again and it is now showing and I realise that I quoted you the wrong item #. The correct one is AMW0002szg I will be posting a comment. Regards

Posted

No problem, Just have fun ! 😄

Posted

I am having problems again with my favorites not saving. Tonight I had five amazing images one after the other and saved them all. When I came on to the talk page to ask some questions about them they are not there AMW0001l86 was the last to show. The ones missing are AMW0002vge AMW0002vnp AMW0002uvn AMW0002vy9 and AMW0002vyx. I have refreshed the page a number of times ( which solved the first problem with this I had) but no joy. Please has anyone have any idea what is wrong? I was very careful to both save and classify all these images.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

My favourites disappeared for a while too. I went off and did something else and when I came back everything was fine. No idea why. Let us know if things don't mysteriously sort themselves out.

I can see your favourites from Talk and some images are definitely missing. 😕

Posted

Just tried saving to favourites and adding to other collections and neither is working. I'll report it as a fault. I'm sure the classifications are being counted and it's just a glitch in the save to collections that's a problem.

Posted

Thank you jules Hope they sort it out soon. I experimented using the profile on the menu button that ElizabethB told me about. I looked at three images, classified and saved them to favorites. None went on to my favorites collection but they all added to the recents in the profile page until I left that page then they had gone again next time I went back to it.

Posted

THANK YOU! I came back on and all my missing favorites were there. Hopefully the glitch is fixed. Well sorted!

Posted

Same here! 😃 Thanks team!

Posted