The Milky Way Project Talk

Keep being told you are out of data

• Zooniverse99 by Zooniverse99

Hi, I keep getting the message you are our of data but if I leave and then come right back on everything is working again. What is happening please?

Posted

• JCoop by JCoop

I've seen that too. It looks like a bug in the login process. I just go to "Discuss" and then right back to Classify and it's fine.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

I haven't noticed this. If you mention your OS and browser it might help the techie team.

Posted

• JCoop by JCoop

Win 7 Pro SP1 with the latest patches, Foxfire 27.0.1

Posted

Windows Vista, Google Chrome, sorry I don't know any more details. I now do the same as jCoop but it took a few days to realise you were still up and running.

Posted

I also use a PC

Posted

• JCoop by JCoop

Ha! Zooniverse99 a couple days ago I saw that "out of data" notice and posted in here how disappointed I was that I'd now have to go back to work! 😉 I deleted it a day later when I figured it out...

Posted

I was happy to be back on too. Sort of addictive isn't it? Hubbys catch phrase lately is 'Earth to Milky Way-- Please feed me.'

Posted

One last thing before I alert the team - have you all tried clearing the cache? Might just be something stuck in there.

And yes - @zooniverse99 - it is as addictive as ever! Food can wait.

Posted

OK - I've started getting the message now! Clearing the cache has so far worked.

Posted

• JCoop by JCoop

Odd symptoms now. I seem to need to clear cache, go to the discuss page, DONT POST ANYTHING and then return to classify. Not sure of that exact sequence

ETA: Okay, that's not consistent. That time I posted here and was able to go back to classifying.

Posted

I too have been having a lot more problems with this today. Any time I come on to discussion and then try to get back to classify I have to flick back and forth many times to get rid of the out of data notice.
    What do I have to do to 'clear cache' ?

Posted

It varies but in Firefox click Tools - Options. This opens a window. If it doesn't open on the Privacy tab choose it. From there you have the option to "clear your personal history". Click this and choose cache from the options. You can also set a time period in the drop down box at the top. I choose "everything."

Posted

Thanks still having problems so will give it a go

Posted

It's taking 5-6 refreshes to bypass this message tonight. I've reported it to the support team so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Posted