The Milky Way Project Talk

Repeating Images

• Hazelnutter by Hazelnutter

Does anyone else keep being given the same images to mark? Is this normal? I've seen people say that the images are just similar but not exactly the same. But after looking through my recent images it does look as though they are exactly the same, even the image name. It's happening often and it's getting frustrating. Why is it happening so much?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

This has been mentioned a few times on various Zooniverse projects. The impression that I'm getting is that it doesn't happen as often as people think, because, yes, similar-looking images, but there are definitely repeats and we'd like to eliminate them. I'll be pushing the developers to fix that.

Thank you for pointing it out!! 😃

Posted

• Hazelnutter by Hazelnutter

It seems pretty regular. I get ten different images, then it gives me the first one again, then the second one and so on. So now I just work with the ten, press the reload button and then I get a new ten 😃. I hope pressing reload doesn't mess things up for the project in any way.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

No worries ! Hitting refresh/reload has no impact whatsoever ! I have been getting repeats as well here and I just hit refresh and everything is okay again ! 😄

Thanks for participating and happy hunting ! 😄

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

We had this problem a while ago. It seems to be intermittent. If you tag them with #repeat it will give the team an idea of the scale of the problem. Some days I get lots of repeat images and other days none. Odd!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Happy to report that we've updated the Zooniverse library for the Milky Way Project, so the issue with repeat classifications should -- should -- be fixed. Please let me know if it isn't!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Thanks Darren !

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Excellent news! 😃

Posted