The Milky Way Project Talk

Repeats

• SundogWE by SundogWE

Why so many?

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

I am wondering how many people are getting repeats - I haven't had many at all in this round - yet. Let's see if anyone else comments.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yes, please keep us posted if repeats appear to be a problem... !

Posted

• SundogWE by SundogWE

I seem to get a repeat abut ever 4-8 minutes! Would logging out and back in help?

Posted

That and clearing your cache - got to be worth a try. I've just classifled around 100 images with not a single repeat.

Posted

• SundogWE by SundogWE

How do I clean my cache?

Posted

In Firefox it's EDIT - Preferences - Privacy - Clear your recent history. Cache is one of the options. Careful you don't clear anything you don't need to!

Posted

• SundogWE by SundogWE

Thank you I tried that and still get the repeats, should I continue to mark the ones that I have seen?

Posted

Yes - until someone tells us it's not useful. I think it's helpful to be able to identify which images are repeating - then the team are sure it's the same image rather than a similar one - as there are some images which are very similar to each other. I collect or tag each image so I know I'm getting a repeat if I see my tag or collection come up. I can then check the ID number to see if it really is the same.

Posted

• SundogWE by SundogWE

Thank you, I have gotten a few repeats that were the very next image that I just marked! It has gone from a few minutes to seconds, very frustrating, but I will start to check the ID numbers. Do you think that is a reliable system? I look to see if I had commented on it before as well.

Posted

• SundogWE by SundogWE

Actually I will see if I have collected them before, going back and forth with the ID number I loose the ability to comment.

Posted

I use multiple tabs.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

If there's any way to collect which objects are appearing as repeats, it's hugely helpful to us, promise. Thank you!!

Posted