The Milky Way Project Talk

Help with Collections

• mtparrish by mtparrish

From an object page, AMW0000vbq for instance, you can click "Collect this" under the image to add it to your collection. Think of Collections as being like "My favourites," only you get to create any number of groups

We also have Keyword Sets that work like Collections, but without a curated set of objects in them. You define your Set with #keywords. Any objects that have those keywords on them will then show up in your Set. For instance, CMWL000002 is defined by #pretty and #knot. Only objects with BOTH #pretty AND #knot will then show up.

This is still a work in progress, so please feel free to leave feedback about creating collections in this discussion. 😃

Posted

• pablomanuk by pablomanuk

Hi, how do i "collect" something that i added as a favourite?
    i go to the my galaxy page but it only allows me to get the image (view it)

thanks,
    pablo

Posted

• kirbyjp by kirbyjp in response to pablomanuk's comment.

Not sure if its the preferred way, or if collecting something added as a favorite even makes sense, but this is the way I did it 😃. From my favorites went to the pic I wanted in a collection, then from that view we can choose to "Get the image" or "Discuss in talk". I choose the "Discuss in talk" option which sends us to the forum area, and the picture from favorites is now displayed. From here we can add keywords in the description (or comment on it I guess, haven't sorted it out yet) and/or "start a discussion". And we can also now choose to "collect this" from the link under the photo. So, this is how I put one of my favorites in a collection. Also, I do think a collection makes sense in addition to the favorites feature due to the fact we can sort our favorites on the basis of keywords and features.

Cheers! JP

Posted