The Milky Way Project Talk

Bugs / Annoyances

• jules by jules moderator

If you want to discuss an image a new tab opens. If you then click "Return to the Milky Way Project" from this new tab after commenting or starting a discussion you are send back to the Home screen which requires another click to load another image. Meanwhile a new image is already waiting in the first tab. I ended up with multiple tabs open before I realised what was going on! Moon Zoo beta doesn't do this.

Bit confusing re what the flow is supposed to be.

Posted

• mtparrish by mtparrish in response to jules's comment.

Fair enough, I'll work a fix for this in the the next update tomorrow.
    I'm not allowed to push fixes today πŸ˜‰

Posted

Thanks for the super quick reply! πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• pablomanuk by pablomanuk

hi i like this project.

one suggestion id make is to add 4 more positioning buttons that appear in the corner of the screen, (probably overlayed and movable if possible) so that when we have a current object selected, we can "nudge" it UP, DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT a bit...

at the moment, when we try and draw a bubble and then try and move it, it thinks were trying to resize the inner part or outer part etc, especially if its a smaller shape. makes it very hard to move it.

but hey, at day 1 so far, - very good so far πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

is they also a way to see everything weve submitted?
    i forgot to click the mark as favourite button before clicking on submit

Posted

• oolfanska by oolfanska

The "delete" button is right next to the "hide" button. How about putting "delete" a little more out of the way to make accidental deletions less likely?

Posted

• oolfanska by oolfanska

This is more of a feature request: How about some keyboard commands for show/hide object? I like to turn the object off & on repeatedly as I check my positioning. It would be very much faster & easier to be able to show/hide with my non-mouse hand while keeping my cursor on the object.

Posted

• katieofoz by katieofoz

Im often getting a message saying it can submit it and to check Im at the official page and connected to the internet, when I am already

Posted

• stevage by stevage

1. When you just click to place an area of interest, the point you click ends up being the top left, not the centre.
    2. Would like a keyboard shortcut (maybe space) to toggle hide/show all objects.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to pablomanuk's comment.

There's "My Galaxy" accessible from the Home page - from the drop down menu under your name. Is that what you're after pablomanuk? I'd like "My Galaxy" to be a top right menu item too so that the link is always available and maybe renamed as "My Milky Way." Just a thought...

Posted

And - same as Moon Zoo beta:

• finding the most recent post in a thread is not easy!!!
    • being able to edit posts would be good
    • smilies would be nice too

(I know, I know - patience!)

Posted

• echo-lily-mai by echo-lily-mai

I agree Jules.
    From profile it would be good if you could click on the post and the link would take you directly to that post (if you know what I mean)
    Also when you click on a discussion for it to take you to the last page of it not the first page.
    But I actually popped in here originally to say the images are taking a long time to load? I guess it's busy!

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to katieofoz's comment.

Can you give me your Zooniverse username? I'll go and check out why this may be happening to you. Also - what browser/OS are you working in?

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to oolfanska's comment.

I have done this once myself and agree that we should think about moving it. I will report it back to the team.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to oolfanska's comment.

There are keyboard shortcuts for delete (x), hide (h), hide all (shift+h), bubble tool (b), area tool (a) and you can use the arrow keys to move the selected abject around incrementally. I am adding this information to the tutorial in the next site update.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to stevage's comment.

There are keyboard shortcuts for delete (x), hide (h), hide all (shift+h), bubble tool (b), area tool (a) and you can use the arrow keys to move the selected abject around incrementally. I am adding this information to the tutorial in the next site update.

Posted

"Could not retrieve data. Please make sure you are online and at the official Milky Way Project site" I am using IE8

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist

Sorry the delete shortcut isn't 'x' it is 'backspace'.

Posted

• davidmear by davidmear

Hi!

You can nudge objects with the cursor keys on your keyboard, and if you hold down Shift they will nudge faster (ten pixels at a time).

If you accidentally delete something, you can undo from the context menu, or by pressing Ctrl-Z (Command-Z for Mac users.)
    Ctrl-Y or Ctrl-Shift-Z (Command-Y / Command-Shift-Y) will redo.

You can also select the + and - tools by pressing those keys.

Posted

• dklinglesmith by dklinglesmith

I have been working for about an hour and every 5 or so images I have to restart as the system will not load the next image.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

And - same as Moon Zoo beta:

β€’finding the most recent post in a thread is not easy!!!

β€’being able to edit posts would be good

β€’smilies would be nice too

yes please, to all of these.
    And a "Show unread posts since last visit" option

Posted

• Rainstar by Rainstar

Hi, I would like to join in the Milky Way Project, I have viewed the tutorials but can't get past the introduction screen on the main page, so I can't participate.

Anyone know why this is happening, I have never had a problem with any of the other Zooniverse Projects?

Posted

When pictures are added in a post the right edge seems to be cut off with no scroll bar. I've posted an example in the Artefact thread.

Posted

• jotjen by jotjen

When clicking the "discuss this link" from the My Galaxy section on an image that I have tagged as a favorite, the page that is brought up has a different (and rather uninteresting) image. I can't seem to create a discussion about the image that I want to. Image is AMW00012jf which should be a large beautiful red gas cloud.

Posted

• pablomanuk by pablomanuk in response to jules's comment.

hi jules, thanks for replying.. i think you mean to my 2nd post here:
    "is they also a way to see everything weve submitted? i forgot to click the mark as favourite button before clicking on submit"

thanks for the the mygalaxy location.. its just that as far as i know, it 'only@ shows me what i have selected as a favourite?

Posted

WOW, thanks for the shortcuts info... i tries it now on firefox v3.0.4 and the nudging feature, hiding feature, and even multiple levels of undo, seem to work a treat πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to pablomanuk's comment.

pablomanuk in response to jules

hi jules, thanks for replying.. i think you mean to my 2nd post here: "is they also a way to see everything weve submitted? i forgot to click the mark as favourite button before clicking on submit" thanks for the the mygalaxy location.. its just that as far as i know, it 'only@ shows me what i have selected as a favourite?

Hi pablomanuk - My Galaxy shows both recent classifications as well as favourites (which are marked with a star). There doesn't seem to be a way to mark a recent image as a favourite if you forgot however. Maybe that will change. Meanwhile you could always put it in a collection or tag it so it doesn't get lost.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to Rainstar's comment.

Rainstar, what browser/OS are you on? I have a similar problem in certain versions of Opera. I'm trying to resolve that now. Are you on something else?

Posted

• katieofoz by katieofoz in response to ttfnrob's comment.

username is katieofoz. I'm using firefox in windows xp. It only happens sometimes but I was thinking it might be during busy times or something.

Posted

• spirogyra by spirogyra

found found large almost perfectly square object , surely its an abberation caused by a technical fault? have submitted it

Posted

• kirbyjp by kirbyjp in response to ttfnrob's comment.

I am brand new to the Milkyway Project, coming from GalaxyZoo previously. I am impressed first off, really well done, the program works flawless as I can tell (using Chrome). About the tutorial update for the short cuts, could we also have more verbiage devoted to the circle tool? Also, when analyzing the "red" hubble photos, do we mark circles, and do the green knots show up red or should we not concern ourselves with looking for them on all red spectrum photos? Oh, and if you do add a specific tutorial section on drawing circles, could you mention how to draw the circle when the bubble is on the edge of the photo (half in/half out), should we try to circle it or let it go. Oh, and one more πŸ˜ƒ how large can we expect a circle to be? A few I suspect nearly filled the entire frame or more. Maybe a few more examples of circles please. Whew, I know its a lot of tutorial request, just want to spend less time scratching my head and more time identifying bubbles!

Posted

• jules by jules moderator in response to spirogyra's comment.

spirogyra - found found large almost perfectly square object , surely its an abberation caused by a technical fault? have submitted it

Does it look like any of these spirogyra? http://talk.milkywayproject.org/search?search=keywords%3A+artefact&for=objects
    If you tag with #artefact we can collect them!

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to kirbyjp's comment.

Thanks for your comments kirbyjp - let's see:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'red spectrum' photos. All photos are the same 3-colour combination from Spitzer. If they look red then it is likely that your seeing a region with less dust and more warm gas. In all cases, please mark bubbles wherever you see them. The green knots are always green - but if you see other interesting features you can always use the 'other' option in the menu.

Adding a specific, more detailed tutorial on drawing bubbles is a good idea. I shall try and get this done ASAP. More examples, and a new video could go on a sub-page of the current tutorial.

Bubbles that fall off the edge of the frame will appear more centrally in another image because we have tiled the images to try and catch all angles. However, you are free to still them, even if you only see a part of them. If you feel that you cannot see them very well, then leave it.

The sizes of bubbles is totally variable. Some bubbles are large and some small and also they can close-by or quite distant. So yes, they will sometimes fill the whole image and other times be tiny. For this reason we are using three zoom-levels, so each region is covered in multiple images at different angular scales.

More examples if bubbles is something I can, and will add to the tutorial page ASAP.

Thanks for your comments πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to katieofoz's comment.

katieofoz - I'm having trouble replicating the Firefox issue - but you're not alone. It does seem to happen at busy times and we have some ideas. Hopefully we'll crack it soon. Meanwhile - it might be worth trying Chrome just to see if you have better luck.

Posted

• mtparrish by mtparrish

Thanks for all the feedback!
    For those who haven't seen me around the Zooniverse, I'm Michael -- One of the developers and currently mainly working on the Talk sites.
    We're trying out something new with this site and it's still a little rough around the edges. I'm currently working through lots of suggested changes that will hopefully make things easier.
    Currently on the agenda for the next update(hopefully getting deployed next week) is:

• Some help text, a tutorial, and possibly an FAQ page.
    • Updated styles and new window fixes (has been causing confusion with tabs)
    • User "last active time" logging along with
      • Who's online
      • What's new since the last time a person was active
      • Possibly unread posts in a discussion. (May or may not work well, but we'll see)
    • Comment editing/removal! (Sheesh, that's overdue)
    • Discussion editing/removal (Moderator only on the boards I think)
    • Board discussion ordering and streamlining. (includes jump to most recent post)

Of course, there's always the possibility that some of that will get pushed back, but I'm really aiming to get the major problems fixed within a week or two.

Feel free to continue suggesting changes or reporting bugs, I'm paying attention πŸ˜ƒ
    Thanks for your patience in the mean time!

Posted

Right On Rob, looking forward to the upgraded tutorial when you can!! Plus, sorry about the Hubble reference question I had, I was confusing two different "zoos" when i commented about the red (up too late, with not enough coffee I guess). Your follow-up in another thread about each spectrum used and what they generally identify totally cleared that line of questions for me.

Posted

• GeoffRoynon by GeoffRoynon

I've just run into a bug. The last image I processed had a large red object in it with the rest of the image dark and I wanted to start a discussion about it. When I clicked on the Talk button it took me to the community side but displayed a completely different image.

The one I want is:

AMW00010cs
    Classified 1 minute ago
    Latitude: -0.38Β°
    Longitude: 298.30Β°
    FOV: 0.3°×0.15Β°

I guess I'll log out and try again later. At least it's still in my favourites list.

Posted

This is the image I'm trying to start a discussion about:

Amazing red object

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to GeoffRoynon's comment.

Well spotted Geoff - yes this is a bug for sure. Thanks for bringing it to our attention - we are now working to correct it.

Posted

I had it happen to me earlier. This OBJECT AMW0001266 I had chosen for discussion or to tag:

and this is the image location of the one that appeared for discussion:

In the URL, the only difference in my desired object and the one displayed for discussion, is a minus sign has been flipped to a "plus" sign, which totally changes the object: GLM_32770 -/+ 0068_mosaic_I24M1.jpg

Posted

So this irritating error has now been fixed. As you noticed, it was caused by a minus sign (all the best errors are!) and if you look in your My Galaxy section you'll now see that the ones that were causing trouble should have changed ID from AMW3....... to AMW4..... Basically where there was a duplicate we changed one to a 4. So Geoff's example above can now be found at http://talk.milkywayproject.org/objects/AMW00010cx and kirbyjo's is at at http://talk.milkywayproject.org/objects/AMW000126b

Posted

I have just started a discussion called "Bubble Bug". Will the techies be able to see this? Still not sure how discussions work - does everyone see them?

Posted

• lpspieler by lpspieler

It took me ages to find out that the huge letters saying "help/chat/science discussion" are actually links to the respective boards. I thought these wer just decorative headings. Could these be made the same color as other links?

Posted

• Rick_Nowell by Rick_Nowell

Any chance of zooming in (or out)? I haven't found anything to use for that.

Posted

• curiousepic by curiousepic

Is there any reason that, when you have an object currently selected, and you use the hide or show buttons, the tool you were working with is deselected? This is an annoyance - I often wish to toggle the visibility of a bubble when using the +/- tool to see where I should be placing them, but I have to re-click the +/- button, which makes me take my eyes off the object and sometimes lose my place!

Posted

• pablomanuk by pablomanuk in response to Rick Nowell's comment.

hi rick, if you use firefox, you can press control and + symbol to zoom in a bit, and control and - to zoom back out

(ie might have this too in newer versions) (its more of a zoom the whole page/window effect but seems to help a bit)

Posted

New bug: firefox 3
    hi, if i view my_galaxy i can see a single line thumbnail bar of "recent images" at the top of the page, and i can click one to show a fuller version below it, and at the end of the bar, theres a white arrow to let me see the next page of thumbnails.....

this bit works fine,
    but when looking at "favourite images", the thubnail bar seems to show several lines/rows, and when a larger image is displayed, it obscures all except the 1st bar meaning that i cant see the other thumbnails 😦

Posted

also, in IE6 no actual thumbnail will bring up any larger image when clicked.

Posted

• Rob by Rob

Any chance of moving the Delete button as I have the habit of clicking it instead of the Hide Current button underneath...very annoying!

Posted

I'm not sure the comments box is working?

Posted

echo-lily-mai
    I'm not sure the comments box is working?

The "What do you think?" Box.

Posted

• brunochi by brunochi

Hi : I have the same username as the log in one brunochi but not the GZ one which is Bruno
    Is it ok?
    Thanks

Posted

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi by Rikki-Tikki-Tavi

I already posted this in the thread about the color meaning, but I'm not sure if it got noticed (if it did get noticed: sorry for the double post).

A lot of people have, like me, problems with some shades of red and green. Mostly I have no trouble, but with some very fuzzy objects, I can't say if it's a red object or a loose green knot.

It would be great if I could switch blue and red colors to make sure I'm seeing the color I think I'm seeing. Could you implement that?

Posted

• lpspieler by lpspieler

Sorry if this has been asked before:

Could the "Mark Special Things" mode stay activated once we've clicked the flag? When there are many special items I always have to return to this button after each and every mark I've set. And this robs lots of time.

cheers

Posted

• lpspieler by lpspieler

And another strange thing:

The HideAll/ShowAll Button hides really everything but then brings back only the marked special objects, not the marked bubbles. This is a real difficulty as I can't correct them anymore.

Posted

• eshafto by eshafto

I'd love keyboard shortcuts to select Green Knot, FRO, Dark Nebula (SINGULAR, BY THE WAY!), and so on.

Posted

• eshafto by eshafto

@lspieler, the "a" key brings up the "mark other stuff" tool, but I agree that it would be nice if it stayed selected anyway.

Posted

• lpspieler by lpspieler in response to eshafto's comment.

Thanks for the "a"-hint. That's already a big help.

Posted

• delete_595333fc by delete_595333fc

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but in the FAQ, there is a question titled "What wavelength are threse images?" I believe that's supposed to be these...sorry, I just have a rabid eye for typos. Otherwise, I really love this site and the ones associated with it. It makes me happy to think that I just might find something interesting, and I'm helping just by doing stuff. πŸ˜ƒ

It'd be nice if the community/forums were expanded a bit. Plus, the absence of a favicon (that little icon by the address bar of your Web browser) irritates me, but I'm sure that's kind of just me, and it's definitely not vital to the operation. πŸ˜„

Posted

• delete_595333fc by delete_595333fc

Also (and I apologize deeply for the double post, this just came to mind), is there supposed to be a way implemented that we have a display icon by our screen names? I have an avatar for Zooniverse in general; I just don't know if it's s'posed to be here or not.

Posted

• PattyD by PattyD

Regarding the upcoming option of viewing unread posts, I would like to see the option to have the list of posts sorted either forward or backward. When following a discussion with multiple posts, it's easier to read them in reverse order.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to GeoffRoynon's comment.

The 'Bubble Bug' will be fixed today πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to curiousepic's comment.

The hide/show button bug should be fixed today πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to Rikki-Tikki-Tavi's comment.

Regarding people with colour-perception issues - you raise a good point. I will see if we can offer up an alternative colour scheme in a similar way to the inverted images on Galaxy Zoo. Will raise the issue and see what gets said by the science team. Thanks for bring this up.

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to Hadreleii's comment.

The 'threse' typo will be fixed today πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to Hadreleii's comment.

We will be implementing avatars soon. It bugs us too πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• huddel by huddel in response to ttfnrob's comment.

I was just invited today and got my first picture to work on, and the video tutorial was a great help. but the second pic would've been easyer to handle with a color converting.
    Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Posted

• ascil by ascil

I just started yesterday on the milkyway project.
    The tutorial helps a lot in identifying the most important features.
    Especially the automatic insert of the classifications of the project team.

But I am having one strange reaction:

• I click on a bubble picture to get the closer view
    • I close the view again
      From then on the classificaitons stays and viewing the original picture is no longer possible.
      I am using firefox 3.6.13 on windows XP.

Posted

• broomrider1970 by broomrider1970

One thing I would really appreciate is the ability to go back to an image. I sometimes catch something and do not have the ability to return to the image. Is there any way this can be done? πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist in response to broomrider1970's comment.

broomrider1970
    One thing I would really appreciate is the ability to go back to an image. I sometimes catch something and do not have the ability to return to the image. Is there any way this can be done? πŸ˜ƒ

We don't let users edit their classifications because it would affect the nature of the data reduction. We get many people to look at each image though, so don't worry too much if you've missed something - someone else probably caught it πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• broomrider1970 by broomrider1970

Thanks for a reply ttfnrob,
    I appreciate the fact that you guys do stop by and check out the chat and do that. πŸ˜„ Ah well, I'm glad others may do so. And sometimes I do get lucky and the images do pass by me a second time. hehe

~Bright Blessings!
    Tina

Posted

• ascil by ascil

Is there an easy way to un-favourite an image? I am using the favourites as a queue to mark the images with further keywords. Once processed I would like to remove from the favourites in order not to pile up images with artifacts there.

Posted

• ascil by ascil

Although I probably cannot tell how a planetary nebula in an image looks like there might be some additional items I might mark and therefore contribute. Like artifacts.

Yet I find it difficult browsing through the forum to find where to contribute.

Here are some of my problems:

• Is there a help about the forum? I was looking for a way to set keywords to images. By now I know it is '#...', but I only found by digging into the contributions.
    • Which keywords are available? I only get a list on the top page of the 'milky way talk'. However, getting there from somewhere inside the forum (e.g. from this page) seems difficult. I tried all of the links in the top, but none of them worked (firefox 5). Only the 'milky way talk' in the draw bubbles and favourites lead there.
    • how do I get all images marked with a galaxy or having a comment '#galaxy'? I tried with the search box: 'keywords: galaxy' offered automatically but I get images having no comments. Are these images having the galaxy marked as an object?

Posted

• JasonJason by JasonJason

since clouds began I can't get bubbles any more

Posted

• lynne.portnoyyahoo.com by lynne.portnoyyahoo.com

Can't get video to play. First-time user. Hoping it's a temporary glitch. Any others have this problem? Want to watch tutorial video.

Posted

Should have seperated the projects too many problems now, can't run bubbles since clouds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

now I am getting the image twice in a row after classifying it I get it again
    ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

• Spaceman98 by Spaceman98

The same as jasonjason, getting the same immage twice in a row.

Posted

• faylackey by faylackey

I'm getting three images the same in clouds. I'd also like to see some examples of "in between"

Posted

• Milkybear by Milkybear

I've had same image multiple times in a row too (or at least really really similar).
    Also, whenever I press the 'discuss' button - it always goes to the wrong image :<
    Finally, would be great to have more examples and a proper tutorial for clouds.

Posted

• Milkybear by Milkybear

Actually, re: discuss - it seems to lag 3 pictures behind.
    So if you want to comment on a picture, mark it c/b/h, then mark 2 more, then press disuss button. Should bring to the image you want

Posted

• MGHogue by MGHogue

Same image reloads after "Submit". Is the data from the 1st load 'submitted'? Is the data (or lack thereof) "recorded" if a user "resubmits" without marking anything (thereby skewing the data - as in an image would show features - then 'none' as recorded by the user). Could skew crowd sourcing results.

Tutorial video is "not found". Perhaps you may want to consider hosting it (and linking back to here) on UTube or equivalent. I realize this is a lot to do.

Sure would be nice to be able to "draw" the borders of bubbles/streams of gas vs. just the "bubble" tool for arcs and segments. Perhaps a "paint brush" style with various "thicknesses"?

Nice objectives with some "pretty" photos to work with. I will enjoy working with this once some of the corrections are made / in place.

Thank you.

Posted

I'm getting series of repeats in Classifying clouds.
    I get the same picture four times in a row, then the next pic four times and so on.

Edit : and the problem of four in a row seems to have solved itself. πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Mary-Laurence_Morgan by Mary-Laurence_Morgan

Most of the time, when I submit a marked image, the next image that is presented for marking is the same one. Why is this happening and how can I stop it? Thanks!

Posted

The Clouds images you classify don't show up in your total for the MW project or in your overall total.
    This is definitely not a major thing. Just thought I'd mention it. πŸ˜‰

Posted

• mudkip201 by mudkip201

Similar to others, I'm getting the same image twice in a row for almost every image.

Posted

• chairstar by chairstar

And I might as well get on the repeated images band wagon. Doesn't happen ALL the time, but enough to get me a bit concerned about the site/server.

Posted

I've poked the PTB.
    Hope we'll get an answer soon ! πŸ˜‰

Posted

Tonight I'm getting every image four times in a row. πŸ˜›

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

The bubble images were fine, but the cloud images are repeating four times.

Posted

There had been a bug with the bubbles interface where images appeared twice - it has now been fixed.

I will look into the repeating Clouds data, but I don't see the problem myself. Therefore I'd be grateful if anyone who is seeing this issue could tell me what browser they use (e.g. Safari 6, IE8) and operating system (e.g. Windows 7/XP, Mac 10.6). If you could also tell me if this happens when you are logged in, or not logged-in, or both.

Thanks - and sorry for the annoying bug!

Posted

Hi rob,
    The four in a row images are gone. But today I get every 2nd or 3rd image twice.
    I tried it with Chrome and Firefox and I have this with both browsers.
    Tx

Posted

• Chocstar by Chocstar

The 4 in a row happens when I am logged in using Firefox.

Posted

Another (minor) thingy : the clouds classified don't show up in your zooniverse page.
    I know, really not that important, just would be nice ! ;-D

Posted

And four in a row is back for the evening ! (using Google Chrome)

Posted

• jetaylor3 by jetaylor3

I am having difficulties with the viewing screen. It is extremely fuzzy when I'm trying to add all my bubbles. When I hit submit and look at my galaxy, I can see the thumbnail photos of the scene I reviewed very clearly. Is there a setting or something that will clear up the large picture for me?

Posted

• skl6284 by skl6284

Is anybody unable to open the bubble tutorial video? Whenever I try to open it, I receive a "request denied" message.

Posted

• Arlon by Arlon

Are the cloud classifications actually being logged? They're not added to the Zooniverse classification totals. Just wondering if they're being counted...

Posted

• paLLadium2 by paLLadium2

To differentiate between "cloud", "between" and "hole", is the entire area in the circle the "target" or more specifically, just the area bullseyed by the cross?

Posted

• skaba9 by skaba9

Is anyone having problem with Clouds? I went through the tutorial and started classifying, but it doesn't keep track. Every time I go back, I start over with the tutorial again. I'm not sure if this is the same issue that arlon pointed out.

Posted

• DaLu by DaLu

@ skaba9 yeah i have the same problem
    i classify 50% of my objects as clouds, about 30% as between and only 20% as holes
    do u have similar results?

Posted