The Milky Way Project Talk

Those bright things...

• Helice by Helice

What are those bright balls of varying colors and sizes? Stars or galaxies or star clusters or what? Why don't we tag them?

Thanks!

Posted

• chairstar by chairstar

Does anyone in the admin actually peruse these discussion pages? The very fact that this msg from helice is marked as 2 months old, without even another zooite, much less admin response, seems a bit of a let down,

I've loved GZU since I joined several years ago, and am always fascinated by the things that are discovered and discussed here. But it WOULD be nice to see a little more attention from the admin in charge of answering our questions get involved more.

Posted

• chelseanr by chelseanr

Helice : If you are referring to the blue/yellow/green ball looking objects, those are indeed stars of different sizes and magnitudes. I would imagine since the milky way project is focused on cateloging, measuring and understanding the formation of bubbles they don't want to know about every single star (I'm not sure if they'll ever catalogue all of them).

There are other spitzer/chandra projects that are looking for supersized stars but they are not part of zooniverse.

Posted