The Milky Way Project Talk

Classifying clouds

• delete_adc0630b by delete_adc0630b

I've been classifying clouds on the new Milky Way Project.
    The target area we have to classify is it the area directly behind the + sign or everything in the wider circle?

Posted

• susanslomski by susanslomski

I am trying to find out what we are classifying too. I was doing the whole circle but then was wondering if we should be doing the whole picture because when I looked at the examples they have for holes, some of them holes are outside the circle area. So I am second guessing myself here and hoping I am doing it right. I wish they would make that part clear or at least have the answer in FAQ.

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

To me the examples and tutorial tell us that we are looking at what's in the centre of the pictures and classifying what is behind the crosshairs. If anything is tricky to classify there is always the in between button. I also find the change palette button quite handy!

Posted

• delete_adc0630b by delete_adc0630b

Thanks, jules!
    Most of the time I concentrated on the area behind the crosshairs, fortunately.

Posted

• gwennie71 by gwennie71

this answers my question sorta wish you could contact who ever set the program up to make sure I've just been doing the crosshairs as well but they sometime obscure the scene

Posted