The Milky Way Project Talk

  • b_maccallum by b_maccallum

    Are there such a thing as bubble echoes?


  • ttfnrob by ttfnrob admin, scientist

    If you're referring to the fact that some bubbles seem to show double-ringed shapes, bear in mind that these images are three-dimensional objects projected into two dimensions. The shells of material that we see are not uniform in their shape and size, and this can create some amazing visual effects. For now let's just tag this #echo or #double bubble and if we see any more, we can tag those too, and start a collection.

    This is just the way that Talk can be used to see if other, similar objects are being discussed.

    BTW This is a great image - thanks for sharing 😃