The Milky Way Project Talk

Zoom function?

• broomrider1970 by broomrider1970

Hello, This is a question for admin. I wonder if there is a way to make it so we can zoom in on the images we're going through to mark items. I think it would make it a little easier to properly mark things in the images.

I don't know about anyone else here, or if this question was asked and answered already. I'm fairly new to this and love the images but would love it even more if I am able to mark things more accurately. Can yellow balls and nebula be added to our options as well?

~Bright Blessings all!

Posted

• mdlw by mdlw

Yup, would make things a lot simpler.

Posted

• bbmway by bbmway

If you are using Internet Explorer 8, on the lower right of the screen, there is indeed a zoom function: I click to 125%, 2 for 150% and the 3rd to return to 100%. There are other magnifications if required.

Posted

• Ken_Koester by Ken_Koester in response to bbmway's comment.

bbmway
    If you are using Internet Explorer 8, on the lower right of the screen, there is indeed a zoom function: I click to 125%, 2 for 150% and the 3rd to return to 100%. There are other magnifications if required.

Ugh! I'm Firefox for life, hate IE! It's just a hacker magnet.

Snarkhunter

Posted

I refuse to use IE for that very reason as well. I use Chrome. I used to use FF but Chrome uses far less info to allow me to browse the web. So I'm using Chrome and nothing else, ever. No hackers, no pop up BS, no hassles at all. Only information I want. 😃 So if the blokes who run this Milky Way Project wish to keep those of us who know a good browser that doesn't weigh us down with trash they'll try to provide things so we can help them fully. shrugs

Posted

• Doc9s by Doc9s

yes, press ctrl and scroll. I believe the main thing here is the bubbles, but some other options could be usefull as well

Posted

• Doc9s by Doc9s

you can use the option 'other' for now if you like you want to

Posted

I Do use the option other for items Doc9s. My reason for this wish is to see very small items in the images better to be able to label them. Many items I do not even bother labeling at all simply because I tire of "Other" ALL the time.

As a Housewife who doesn't work outside the home, I am on here quite a lot. I'd love to help more, I feel very hindered due to the lack of ability to label more things properly. So I am truly hoping Admin hears my plea and can provide an answer. 😄

~Bright Blessings

Posted

• legoryan717 by legoryan717

there should be a zoom function for Zooniverse! i can't see why the stupid scientists can't put one in!
    i mean its not hard!

Posted

• skendrew by skendrew scientist, admin

I commented on this question in a recent post on the Milky Way Project blog: http://blogs.zooniverse.org/mwp/2011/11/18/zooming-and-drawing/ . Does it make sense?

Posted

• legoryan717 by legoryan717 in response to skendrew's comment.

skendrew
    I commented on this question in a recent post on the Milky Way Project blog: http://blogs.zooniverse.org/mwp/2011/11/18/zooming-and-drawing/ . Does it make sense?

"what!" that makes no sense what so ever, the zoom means we'll pick up finer deatails making life EAISIER for you not harder!!!!
    for this to make sense to other Zooniversers they must click on the link above. or visit http://blogs.zooniverse.org

Posted

• skendrew by skendrew scientist, admin in response to legoryan717's comment.

legoryan717

legoryan717
    "what!" that makes no sense what so ever, the zoom means we'll pick up finer deatails making life EAISIER for you not harder!!!!
    for this to make sense to other Zooniversers they must click on the link above. or visit http://blogs.zooniverse.org

No, really. The only way we can confidently merge all the bubble drawings into a catalogue is by ensuring that every user saw exactly the same image when they drew a particular bubble. We had to try and eliminate as much bias as possible between all the users: if user 1 draws a bubble without zooming, and user 2 zooms in very closely on that same bubble, then their "baseline precision" is no longer the same. That's very difficult to account for in our processing. But we are constantly thinking about ways in which we can improve the usability of the interface, so we can perhaps revisit the idea.

Posted

Holy wow, 7 months before someone on the team responds? =( Sad... Ah well. I stopped coming because I kept getting dull images. Rather prefer the images with more in them. Being able to do MORE in the images was what kept me interested. Just popped in tonight out of boredom.

How can you folks expect the best results, if you do not want us to zoom in for better detail? I would think that would be the goal. I guess I'll just go back to crocheting the blanket I was working on.

~Bright Blessings all.

Posted

• jenifferhomes by jenifferhomes

As a Housewife who doesn't work outside the home, I am on here quite a lot. I'd love to help more, I feel very hindered due to the lack of ability to label more things properly. So I am truly hoping Admin hears my plea and can provide an answer. 😄
    thanks
    rp
    Apple iPad 3 Cases

Posted