The Milky Way Project Talk

Repeat server photos?

• Kapybara79 by Kapybara79

It is possible that the server sends me photos that I have previously described (eg for control?), Or sent to each user always only one of each photo?

Posted

• skendrew by skendrew scientist, admin

What do you mean exactly? You can look at images you've previously classified in the "My Galaxy" section, and you can download them from there. But they don't show the drawings you placed on them. Is that what you're looking for?

Posted

• broomrider1970 by broomrider1970

I have in the past gotten images that were very similar but never the 'exact' same image. Sometimes only just a little bit different and I only know that because I've collected so many different images. =)

Posted

• Kapybara79 by Kapybara79

No. Excuse my English 😃 I thought if it is possible that server offered me to describe the same picture twice?

Posted

• suelaine by suelaine

Yes, I have two images of the same supernova ( confirmed by staff), but one is a slightly different, in that is it includes more of the background that the other.

Posted

• skendrew by skendrew scientist, admin

yes that's right - we use images at different zoom levels, and with different centre coordinates so we don't miss bubbles that lie on image edges, and that we can find bubbles of a wide range of sizes. So yes, you can definitely end up classifying the same object twice. It all counts!

Posted