The Milky Way Project Talk

Is This Project Still On-Going

• MGHogue by MGHogue

There seems to be little to no activity or responses to chats. Is this Project(s) (Clouds, Bubbles) still on-going / current, or is it done? If the latter, it should be removed from the Zooniverse site and a notation made on the Milky Way Project's Home Page. Would like to know as there seems to be very little activity by either Users or Sponsors.

Nice pics, BTW, though the interface could use some tweaking. 😕
    Sincerely
    MHogue

Posted

• suelaine by suelaine

I agree with MHogue. There seems to be absolutely no interest from the research staff in this project. No responses to questions or comments, no participants to speak of, no activity at all. That is too bad because the project was an exciting one and I have really enjoyed it, up to the point where you folks seemed to loose interest in your own project. I'm really sorry if this is the end of the Milkyway project.

Sincerely
    Suelaine

Posted

• suelaine by suelaine

Apparently not.
    Sincerely, S Morris

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I'm positive the project hasn't finished.
    See the relatively new task : Clouds.
    But that doesn't excuse the lack of interest !

Posted

• suelaine by suelaine

The clouds task is not nearly as exciting as this one is. It would be encouraging if the sponsors would wake up and talk to us.

Posted

• Soapboxblue by Soapboxblue

Hello - I agree. Comments from Zooniverse regarding the current requirements & need for interested public to continue doing this would help motivate the crowd to keep going. Also it would be nice if somewhere there were stats telling us how far the crowd have come in covering the data available would be interesting too.

Posted

• Fleshgod by Fleshgod

My english isn't the best, but I think your point is that you want to see some results of the peoples work here?
    If thats the case you will love to read the first paper about the Milky-Way-Project as well as the bubble-catalogs consisting of ~5000 < Bubbles!
    Here you will find the Paper!

MfG Fleshgod

Posted